We were both freakin’ adorable when we were young. The proof is in the pudding (whatever the heck that means). Check out that sexy baby picture of me above. What heterosexual female could resist those thunder-thighs? So why am I taking a little trip down memory lane? Today is a monumental moment in my life. Twenty four years ago I went on my first road trip. The trip started in my mother’s pelvis, I stopped for a quick swim in the birth canal, and finished my epic adventure like a champ by heading down (literally head first) Vajayjay lane (isn’t that what Oprah calls it?). In all it took about 8 hours for me to move 18 inches. Side note: It takes 8 hours to drive from San Diego to Sacramento, 550 miles.
That’s right ladies and gentlemen, it’s my birthday and I’ll cry blog if I want to. Well actually I’m not really going to write anything mentally stimulating, so I apologize for taking the next two minutes of your life from you.
Before I get on with the nonsense, I want to take a quick minute to thank you all for the early birthday gift. What did you get me? A freakin’ awesome response to my Personal Finance Mad Lib yesterday. It broke all kinds of Punch Debt In The Face records: Most visits in a single day, most comments, most references on other blogs, most sexiest blogger of 2009 award. I may have made that last one up 🙂 If you haven’t had the chance to check the post out I encourage you to do so, especially to read the comments and visit the other blogger’s sites that participated. I am gonna do some consolidating over the next week or so and I plan to include all the responses that I tracked down in to one Mega Finance Mad Lib post. If you did contribute, but didn’t notify me please do, so I can add you in the list. Thanks a bajillion to all who participated.
To conclude today’s non-pf post I’ll leave you with some random facts about the number 24 and/or July 17th…
- 24 is the largest number divisible by all whole numbers less than its square root.
- The 24 years of my life,represent the 24 hours Jack Bauer has to save America. Random Jack Fact: Jack Bauer once won a game of Connect 4 in three moves.
- The 24th most popular song on I-tunes right now is Halo by Beyonce.
- July 17, 1955: Disneyland opened the gates to “The Happiest Place on Earth” in Anaheim, California. Happiest and most expensive place on earth.
- Eva Mendez was voted the 24th hottest female of 2009 by Maxim Magazine.
- July 17, 1861 Congress authorizes paper money. Every time you look at a dollar bill now, think of me.
- I’m only one year away from being 25, which means I get cheaper car insurance!!!
- July 17, 1952: The world is blessed by the birth of David Hasselhoff. If your reading this Hoff, I have a man crush on you…don’t tell my girlfriend. Below is a picture of me auditioning for Baywatch at the ripe age of 4.
Those are pretty much the only semi interesting things I could come up with. In reality, after the 21st there isn’t much to get excited about. I plan to spend the next six years of my life dreading 30 (no offense to any of you 30+). As far as today’s festivities, I’ll be whistlin’ while I work, followed by a sweet kayak tour through some caves in La Jolla, and then finish the night off with some pool/hot-tub action at the awesome place I’m house sitting. Have a GREAT weekend everyone and thanks for stopping by. Oh and thanks mom for giving birth to me, you’re the best 🙂