I’ve always been told the best way to predict the future is by looking at the past. Next time someone tells me that I’m going to kick them in the earlobe. I’ve had 11 jobs in the last eight years and there is virtually no continuity between them. See for yourself (note: some of these jobs were seasonal summer positions)….
- Assembled x-ray machine equipment in a factory
- Worked for my college campus’ student activities dept
- Kitchen cook at summer camp
- Director of student activities for college campus
- Ropes/outdoor activities guide at summer camp
- Jansport stickerer (put price stickers on backpacks for 8 hours)
- Pac-sun retail clerk
- Building manager for college campus building
- Background “extra” on Veronica Mars
- Psychiatric technician
- Special Agent/Blogger
Whoever said “You don’t know where you’re going unless you know where you’ve been” is a big fat liar. According to my work history I could end up being the next President of the United States or a male stripper.
Does this popular phrase apply to you? Take a second to list your career progression in the comments section below and let’s all laugh at how far (or not far) we’ve come over the years. Based off your history, what is your likely next position?