Don’t tell Wife Ninja, but as fun as this whole marriage thing has been, I’m kinda still interested in dating. Fortunately, I know a girl that might be interested in me. Her name is Wife Ninja. That’s right suckas, I want to date my wife.
I’m guilty of becoming a wee bit stagnant over the last few months and it’s time for a change. Just as I continually seek progression in my personal finances, I want mutual progression in my relationship. And that, mi amigos, sometimes means taking it back to the basics.
If you are anything like me, you use Excel to set budgeting goals. But what about an Excel spreadsheet for sweet dates? Anyone out there have one of those? I just recently created mine…
Okay, so it doesn’t have much to it yet, but hey, at least it’s a start, right? Seriously though here are some potential date ideas…
1) Bike ride to nearby park, play frisbee, and have a righteous picnic.
2) Take the ferry over to Coronado and whisper sweet nothings in to Wife Ninja’s ears along the way
3) Eat breakfast at this AMAZINGLY cute breakfast spot in La Jolla that we love, but I never take her to…
4) Go on a hike through Torrey Pines
5) Kayak from Shelter Island to Coronado while telling Wife Ninja how beautiful I think she is
6) Take her to a movie. (I’m soooo cheap I never take her to movies, but she loves going to them. Honestly, I’ve only taken her to one movie in the four years we’ve been together.)
7) Go to Yoga together. Wife Ninja loves to get her Yoga on and has asked me to go with her a handful of times before. I’ve always declined. Not because I think Yoga is girly, but because last time I did it, it kicked my butt and made me feel like a pansy.
That’s all I’ve got so far. You’ll notice all of the above would cost us no more than $40 or so (and many of them are free) so I have absolutely no excuse for not doing a better job at dating Wife Ninja. I need your help coming up with some more date ideas for my epic dating spreadsheet.
What are some of your favorite things to do with your significant other? What are some super cheap, but super fun date ideas? What are some pricier dates that are worth every penny (i.e. wine tasting, etc)? Am I the only lame dude in the room that forgets it’s important to date your spouse?