Girl Ninja and I have come to the cruel realization it costs a lot of money to fill our stomachs. The two of us drop about $600/month on groceries and dining out related expenses. While most PF bloggers would be looking for a way to cut that cost in half, we aren’t.
We like cooking new things, we LOVE going out to eat with friends, and we thoroughly enjoy spoiling our high school kids with snacks when they come over a few times a week. If we wanted to cut our food bill in half, something would have to give.
It will be a cold day in hell before I turn down a dinner with great friends just so I can put an extra $30 in savings account.
Since everyone is different (some of you probably spend more, many of you probably spend less), I thought it would be cool if we all posted what the week ahead looked like for our stomachs. College students I imagine have a lot of Starbucks, Mac n Cheese, and PBJ on the menu (I know I did). Business folks who travel probably have a week of restaurants lined up. We’re all different people, in different stages of life.
Here’s snapshot of the Ninja itinerary:
- Monday: Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese (we always try to throw one “cheap” meal in a week). Following this with FroYo with friends.
- Tuesday: Spaghetti (unfortunately this isn’t cheap since we put a ton of fresh vegetables and ground turkey in the sauce).
- Wednesday: Shoyu chicken. All sorts of weird ingredients we don’t keep on hand (scallions and ginger), but so delicious.
- Thursday: Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. Made from scratch. Where it lacks in health, it makes up for in deliciousness.
- Friday: Autumn Salad. Girl Ninja has a salad for each season. I kind of hate having salad be my main course for dinner because I have to eat like 8 plates before I feel full. This salad is freaking bomb dot com though.
- Saturday and Sunday: No freaking clue. We always leave our meals open on the weekends so we can dine out with friends if possible. Otherwise we typically do fend for yourself type dinners at home (cereal, PBJ, omelette, etc).
So there ya have it, this weeks “meal plan” brought to you by my lovely wife. What are you eating this week?