From time to time I like to challenge you creepy blog readers to get a little vulnerable by answering a few questions. These five simple questions say a lot about a persons current financial state. Yeah I know it’s taboo to ask most of these questions in the real world, but this is the virtual world so normal rules don’t apply. Provide as much information as you want (you can comment as “anonymous” if you prefer). Okay, on to the questions…
1. How much do you make?
2. What is your job title, or what industry do you work in, how old are you, and where do you live? This will help provide some context for question one.
3. How much debt do you have? Break it down by type ($10k student loan, $5K CC, etc)
4. How much did you pay for your car?
5. What’s your net worth?
Simple enough? I wanted to keep it pretty straightforward because YOUR responses are what will make today’s post interesting. We shouldn’t use this information as a means to measure our own success, but as a resource to discuss what are often seen as “inappropriate” questions. Obviously, honesty is crucial so please don’t pretend you make $150,000/year if you really don’t. Be sure to check back throughout the day to see a small financial snapshot of your fellow debt punchers!
2. I work in the security sector of the federal government.
3. Fortunately I’ve been debt free for 13 months.
4. I bought my car brand new for $17,500. Last time I’ll do that 🙂
5. Roughly $100k